Hello, dear readers. As promised, I have returned with more information and guidelines about this year’s Your Story!
The below is just a run-down of what I’m looking for and how the process works. I’m sure I’ll miss something, so if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!
- You can enter a story into one or both categories, Trials or Free World
- Trials is memoir, about your life specifically
- Free World is fiction, a story coming from your heart
- You can use any style (e.g. humorous vs. heartfelt, essay vs. poetry)
- Wordcount is pretty flexible; last year’s longest was almost 3000 words, while the shortest was 150 words
- Keep the language rated PG and we’re good to go
- This story 100% belongs to you forever
- My only rights are to post it on my blog, tweak some formatting, and run a spellcheck
- You can post it anywhere you’d like without crediting me
- You can ask me to take it down at any point in time if you change your mind
The When and How:
- I’m accepting submissions from now till the end of September
- The project will go live on July 11th and run till the end of September
- You can submit your story by emailing me at email@example.com
- it can be an attachment or written straight in the email
- You can have it published anonymously or under your preferred name
- you can also give me links to your blog/social media to put with the post
- Please include links to any videos and pictures you might want to include
- or, if you have your own, please send me the link/file
- I’ll contact you prior to publishing so that you can check the post over before it goes live
- I’ll then send you a link in an email telling you when it’s posted
I think that about covers it, from what I can think of. Again, questions are welcome! And I encourage you to consider participating if there’s any story at all that you’d like to tell. I’m happy to help you out if I can–I’m not asking you to be a master writer, I’m just asking you to tell a story :)
If you’d like to share on social media, bug your friends to join, or give it a try yourself, I would be enormously grateful. I love reading your stories, I honestly do, and I’d love to be able to help share them with the world.
And if you need a little inspiration, you can always check out last year’s entries here. Go on, read them. They’re well worth it!
Take care, everyone. I hope to be hearing from you soon!
(Or you’ll be hearing from me, because I’m going to be bugging you via emails, oh yes.)