VALOURBÖRN’S GOT VILLAINS
*cue cheesy game show music*
Welcome back, ladies and gentlemen, baddies and ne’er-do-wells, to the second installment of VALOURBÖRN’S GOT VILLAINS!
In this round, we’re taking a look at Loki, Norse god of mischief!
I’m sure many would argue that Loki is much more popular than his heroic rival Thor, so let’s take a look at why this might be.
- Striking Helmet: you can’t miss this horned hat. It slightly resembles something demonic, don’t you think?, just adding to his aura of you-don’t-wanna-mess-with-me-ness.
- Deadly Weapon: in this case, it’s a pretty nifty blue light-up staff thing that can control people’s minds with a single touch! If that doesn’t scream villainy, I don’t know what does.
- His Face: I’ve been told that when you have a face of otherworldly beauty, people live in awe of you. Loki clearly got the memo on this one, as many people find his face to be frighteningly beautiful. Some might even say god-like. Maybe that’s a matter of opinion, but as long as it means he’s got an army of awestruck followers, he’s doing something right.
- Unstoppable Army: Speaking of army, one should note that Loki’s army is quite unstoppable indeed. It’s very hard to see in this particular picture, but if you squint, you can see the horde of rabid fangirls in the background. These Loki-obsessed ladies will rip you limb from limb if you even think of disobeying or criticizing their beloved god.
- Luscious Locks: of course, looks are just about everything when you’re trying to take over the world (if your face is gonna be plastered on the side of every skyscraper, you definitely want to be looking your best), and Loki knows you can’t forget the hair. His hair is long and luscious and completes his World-Domination-Ready appearance.
Now, Loki has been subject to some childhood trauma that I can testify is the worst trauma a child could ever endure: sibling rivalry. He lived always under the shadow of his brother Thor. BUT, plot twist–they’re not real brothers. To make things even worse for Loki, he was also adopted. As you can tell, he clearly had it very rough and it’s obvious how this has twisted his soul and turned him to evil.
Evil in Action:
Now let’s take a look at some of Loki’s work in action…
Oooh, what arrogance. What boldness. What a smile. He’s clearly well-versed in what it takes to be a villain. No wonder there are so many vicious fangirls who praise him!
So now, let’s hear the audience’s opinion!
This is how voting works: you can vote as many times as you like for your favourite Loki feature. Then, on November 1st, the results of the voting will be unveiled with a super sneaky project I have planned.
ALSO! If there’s a certain villain you’d like to see featured in the upcoming presentations, tell me the name in the comments!
Happy Villain Awareness Month!