I’ve got a pile of awards that I’ve graciously been given and I really should be cracking down and posting them so I can spread the love. Therefore you’ll be seeing several award posts coming up in the next little while. I would do them in the order I received them, except that this one is the blog of the year award and tomorrow’s the last day of 2013, so I figure I ought to get going on this one first.
I was kindly nominated for the award by Jennifer K. Marsh, and I thank her a hundred times for it! It’s been a joy, reading her blog and having discussions with her on things we have in common, and I was very happy to see her blog nominated for an award like this. And flattered, of course, that she nominated me in turn :) Thanks so much!
Onto the rules:
1) Select the blog(s) you think deserve the Blog Of The Year 2013 Award.
2) Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen- there are no minimum or maximum number of blogs required- and ‘present’ the blog(s) with their award.
3) Let the blog(s) that you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the instructions with them- (please don’t alter the instructions or the badges!)
4) Come over and say hello to the originator of the Blog Of The Year 2013 Award via this link: http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/blog-awards-2-/blog-of-the-year-2013-award/
5) You can now also join the Blog Of The Year Award Facebook Page. Click the link here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BlogoftheYear
Share your blog posts with an even wider audience.
6) And as a winner of the award- please add a link back to the blog that presented you with this award-and then proudly display the award on your blog- and start collecting stars!
With this award, you can collect stars; so, you start with one, and if you get nominated for it again, you can add another one. There are 6 stars in total.
All right. Here we go.
I’ve only chosen three blogs for this particular award, and they’re three blogs I’ve been following for quite a while. They’re three particular blogs where I’ve always been concerned with keeping up with what they post, and they speak a message I relate with. I’ve had a great time getting to know these people better and they’ve helped make 2013 a great blogging year. They are:
- yourhappyplaceblog–Heather, I gave you this award because your posts have always had the power to make me smile. You speak such a message of happiness and peace and tell stories that brighten my day with their joy. Your blog has been a special part of my year and I’m so happy to have found it!
- Adventures in Writing–Emily, I’ve loved following your writing journey on your blog. I can relate to so much of what you write and it’s great to know that there are others out there who feel the same way. I’m also loving your poetry; you’ve got a real knack for it and I look forward to each new one.
- The PewPew Diaries–PP1MT (I don’t know your real name :P), I love reading your blog because, not only do you bring up important issues, you also make me realize that I’m not the only nerd/geek/whathaveyou who takes gaming more seriously than just killing stuff and getting achievements. It’s been an absolute pleasure following your blog this year.
To all the blogs I’ve nominated for this award, thank you for such a great year! I look forward to many more great posts in 2014.
And to all the blogs I follow or who follow me, thank you as well for making my first year of blogging a memorable one. The support I’ve had and the amazing posts I’ve read have made it an awesome start and I’m excited to see where the future may lead.
Have a great New Year’s, everyone! See you in 2014 ;)