I was nominated a couple weeks ago for the Liebster Award, an award that promotes smaller blogs who have a following of less than 200 people, but who deserve appreciation. I’m honoured to have been chosen, and I give a big thank you to Emily at Adventures in Fantasy for nominating me!
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster award logo.
5. No tag backs.
To start, here are eleven facts about me:
- I am left-handed, and just about the only thing I do with my right hand is use a computer mouse.
- I love Greek mythology and would love to visit Greece and its temples one day.
- My favourite day of the year is Halloween, but it has nothing to do with the candy.
- A snack I eat almost every day is ants on a log–celery with peanut butter and raisins.
- My favourite footwear is flip flops, and I wear them right up until the first snow of the winter.
- The stars fascinate me and I’m trying to learn as many constellations and their myths as I can.
- My favourite tree is the weeping willow, but I consider my birth tree to be larch.
- If I could be any character in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, I would be Gimli the dwarf.
- My most fluent language is sarcasm, though it doesn’t come through much in my writing.
- The one superpower I would want is shape shifting.
- “Trolls exist. They steal your socks, but only your left ones. What’s up with that?” I believe this is entirely true.
And here are the answers to the questions I was asked:
- Favourite animal? Cats and horses.
- Favourite quote? “Some day you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.” -C.S. Lewis
- Favourite season? Autumn.
- Favourite style of art? I’m no expert in art styles, but I guess I’d go with realism, and some forms of impressionism.
- Favourite TV show? Phineas and Ferb, and Class of the Titans.
- Favourite food? Caesar salad. I could eat it by the bucketful.
- Do you have a hero? Who? My blog is about heroes, so it’s safe to say that I’ve got a few. But to pick one? Yikes. I think I’ll have to make a post about this later…
- Fiction or non-fiction? Fiction.
- Where is the best place you ever travelled? I haven’t travelled much at this point in my life, so I’ll have to say Winnipeg or Québec.
- What is your favourite type of music? Does “video game soundtrack” count as a type of music? Otherwise, I would say Celtic (Loreena Mckennitt), or the type of music Jónsi does.
- One wish? To take a freelance job working as a writer for a video game.
The eleven questions I give my nominees:
- A word that makes you laugh?
- Your favourite colour and your favourite object of that colour?
- Have any pets?
- If you could be a bird of any kind, what would it be?
- Do you collect anything? If not, what would you collect?
- Have a catchphrase?
- Favourite type of hat?
- If you could learn another language overnight, what would it be?
- Ever had a pen pal?
- An instrument that you can/would want to play?
- Where’s the tallest place you’ve ever been?
And finally, my eleven nominees, and a short blurb about them:
- Tales of Lyélle–A series of journal-style entries from the character Lyélle, this Guild Wars 2-based blog is a spectacular example of really immersing yourself in video games.
- Ngugi’s Word–A blog relating the teachings of a retired racehorse, it is a wonderful exploration of the bonds between humans and animals, especially horses.
- Mental Gaming–This blog expresses that gaming is an art form that deserves to be examined and reviewed, and proves that gaming can be more than just mindless entertainment.
- Yourhappyplaceblog–A blog exploring the journey of self-discovery, it delivers inspiring articles about accepting life’s changes and opportunities, and becoming the happiest you you can be.
- Heartfelt Emotions–A blog full of poetry that shares words about the beautiful emotions that are all around, and which always has a special message to share, heart to heart.
- There and Draft Again–A blog that examines various areas of writing fantasy, from villains to heroic traits, and back again–great for writers and for interested readers of the genre.
- EmeraldCity–A new blog still finding its voice in the blogging universe, I chose it because of the honesty that exists in the words, which come straight from the heart.
- Virtual Dreamer–From the voice of a gamer and game developer, this blog talks about all sorts of aspects of video games, from creating them to enjoying them.
- Age is just a page number–A blog following the adventure of a return to the land of kid’s fiction, reliving the stories that enchanted childhood and inspired adulthood.
- Travels with the Trio–Though this blog’s adventure hasn’t yet begun, its goal is to explore the world and the magic of Harry Potter, and make inspiration real.
- Chasing Wind & Butterflies–A blog full of words, accompanied by photos which seem to speak a thousand more, this blog seeks to capture the beauty of life’s perfect moments.
I feel that all of these blogs are deserving of some notice, so I encourage you to check them out!
May you simply be well,